About the Westmill Trading Dividend
The Trading Dividend was developed by the three independent co-operatives (The Midcounties Co-operative*, Westmill Solar and Westmill Wind) working together to create a sustainable, circular economy.
- Westmill Solar and Westmill Wind create renewable energy
- The Midcounties Co-operative, through their joint venture with Octopus Energy buy the energy from Westmill Solar and Westmill Wind via a Power Purchase Agreement.
- Your Co-op Energy, a trading group of the Midcounties Co-operative, supplies UK consumers with energy.
- Consumers pay a competitive price for authentic green energy.
£50 per household per co-operative will be paid, irrespective of how much you have invested in either co-operative or the size of your electricity bill. if you are a household with a wind and a solar member you will receive £100 under this scheme. The money will be added to your energy account as a credit. Payments will likely be made in April 2024, but this will be confirmed closer to the time.
To be eligible to receive the Trading Dividend Payments you must:
- be on a Your Co-op Energy Tariff between the time of application and when the payment is made (estimated to be April 2024).
- be a member of Westmill Solar and/ or Westmill Wind